Welcome back to the home of Paranormal & Dauntless Romance.
I’m amazed and delighted to welcome y’all to the 10th ANNIVERSARY of #ThursThreads. Ten full years of writing each week, tying on tales connected with the thread of a line from the previous winning story. Talk about a long line of history.
When I started this challenge, flash fiction was a relatively new phenomenon online and I never thought I’d still be hosting my challenge for ten years. Today is Week 520, marking a complete decade of Thursdays where folks come to my blog to write (and this is the third blog I’ve had!)
While the rules remain the same, this week there’s some extra special goodies you can win in celebration for all the years writing. This is Week 520 of #ThursThreads, the challenge that ties tales together. As always if you’d like to keep up each week, check out the #ThursThreads #flashfiction group on Facebook and the Group on MeWe.
Need the rules? Read on.
Here’s how it works:
- The prompt is a line from the previous week’s winning tale.
- The prompt can appear ANYWHERE in your story and is included in your word count.
- The prompt must be used as is. It can be split, but no intervening words can be inserted or tenses changed.
Rules to the Game:
- This is a Flash Fiction challenge, which means your story must be a minimum of 100 words, maximum of 250.
- The story must be new writing, not a snippet from something published elsewhere with the prompt added.
- Incorporate the prompt anywhere into your story (included in your word count).
- Post your story in the comments section of this post
- Include your word count in the post (or be excluded from judging)
- Include your Twitter handle or email in the post (so we don’t have to look for you)
- The challenge is open 7 AM to 8 PM Mountain Time
- The winner will be announced on Friday, depending on how early the judge gets up.
How it benefits you:
- You get a nifty cool badge to display on your blog or site (because we’re all about promotion – you know you are!)
- You get instant recognition of your writing prowess on this blog!
- Your writing colleagues shall announce and proclaim your greatness on Facebook, Twitter, MeWe, and Google Plus, etc.
Our Judge for Week 520:
Renaissance Woman, Newfie mom, and Romance Author, Silver James.
And now your #ThursThreads Challenge, tying tales together.
“Play the long game.”
All stories written herein are the property (both intellectual and physical) of the authors. Comments do not represent the views of the host and the host reserves the right to remove any content.
In addition to the badges, there’s a chance to win a $15 Amazon gift card from Nellie Batz, two $5 Eden Books gift cards from Abigail Sharpe, a workbook on (winner’s choice) writing a novel, novella, short story, or world-building from Mary Decker, a First Three Chapters critique from Louisa Bacio, a grouping of tea, a micro puzzle, some inspiration magnets and a little wooden sign about friendship from Veronica Roxby Jorden, and a Siobhan Muir mug from me.
Now, away with you, Flash Fiction Fanatics, and show us your #ThursThreads. Good luck!