So here’s what you need.
- 5 Tbsp* butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp** vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups mashed, very-ripe bananas (about 4 bananas)
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F(180 C). Spray the bottom of a 9x5x3 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray (or line cup cake pans with papers)
- Beat butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer set at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add white sugar and brown sugar, and beat well. Add the eggs and vanilla, and beat until well blended. Add the mashed banana and beat on high speed for 30 seconds.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture, alternating with the heavy cream, and blend well. Add the walnuts to batter and mix until completely incorporated.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. bake until browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour, 15 minutes. Alternatively, if you’re making cupcake sized muffins, spoon batter into muffin papers, about 2/3rds full, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool bread in pan on wire rack for about 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
There you go. This is our go-to recipe for Banana bread and it comes out so tasty. This won’t last long in your kitchen. Happy eating and happy reading. 🙂
2 Replies to “Muir Banana Nut Loaf Recipe”
Aside from the delicious sounding recipe… I can’t stop laughing over the banana “nut” cock loaf.
Hahaha I thought you’d like that. Next time we’ll try to make skull loafs. But this one just made me giggle.